The final speakers have been confirmed for next week’s Employee Share Ownership Day conference, with two representatives from Revenue participating in ESOD22.
David Cunniam, Assistant Principal Officer, will provide a presentation about what Revenue is seeing in the share ownership market – including the impact of new reporting rules introduced last year and data on what schemes and plans are being implemented by employers.
Therese Bourke, a Principal Officer at Revenue, will join the other ESOD22 speakers and Claire Oliver, Group HR manager for Dalata Hotel Group, for a discussion panel and Q&A session moderated by MC Gill Brennan.
Mr Cunniam is responsible at Assistant Principal Officer level in Revenue for policy development, enactment and interpretation of legislation in relation to share schemes for employees. David is a member of the Revenue cross Divisional Share Schemes subgroup. Previously, he has held roles in Audit and Compliance and Service to Support Compliance in both personal and corporate taxes.
Therese Bourke is responsible at Principal Officer level for policy development, enactment and interpretation of legislation in relation to the following areas; Basic Personal Tax Credits, Exemptions from Income Tax, Termination Payments, Benefits in Kind, Share Schemes for Employees, Third Party Returns and Universal Social Charge. Therese is also responsible for the organisation and management of Revenue Technical Services.
The two Revenue representatives complete a strong line-up of speakers for ESOD22, which includes keynote speakers Peter Cosgrove, the managing director of Futurewise, and Cillian Barry, the co-founder and CEO of free-to-play games development SportCaller. The full line-up is:
Hosted by former IPSA chief executive Gill Brennan, the ESOD22 agenda will feature:
- The Future of Work: Peter Cosgrove will explore the latest trends and insights that are shaping the future of work and how employee share ownership fits into that landscape.
- Making KEEP Work: Cillian Barry will talk about his experience implementing the Key Employee Engagement Programme (KEEP) to incentivise SportCaller’s employees and the role it played in the successful sale of the company to US-based gaming company Bally’s.
- Share Ownership Landscape: Marie Flynn will provide an overview of the employee share ownership landscape in Ireland and the pressing issues facing the sector.
- Gender Pay Gap: How well are employer’s tackling this pressing issue? Mercer’s Danny Mansergh provides an update and analysis.
- Market Update: David Cunniam, Assistant Principal Officer with Revenue, will provide a breakdown of what Revenue is seeing in the market – including the impact of new reporting rules and data on what schemes and plans are being implemented by employers.
- Panel discussions: Panel discussions: ESOD22 will conclude with a panel discussion involving the day’s speakers and also Claire Oliver, Group HR manager, Dalata Hotel Group, and Therese Bourke, Principal Officer with Revenue. Gill Brennan will be there to put your question to the experts.
- Networking Lunch: ESOD22 will finish with an opportunity to network over a hot two-course lunch, giving delegates the opportunity to discuss the day’s events.
IPSA members can attend ESOD22 free of charge, while the price for non-members is €70 plus booking charge. Join us and other leaders in Ireland’s employee share ownership community in Dublin this September for ESOD22.